Search This Blog

Friday, August 28, 2015

When alone in the narrow hours...

When alone in the narrow hours of the night,
my reason takes it's leave, my memory it's flight.

All I am left is with this feeling of doom,
All I bare are the thorns of my anguished gloom,

from the poisonous flower of dismay and unbliss,
for nought, I cannot dismiss,

the keen stings of many a lost ways,
is this how I am destined to pass my days?

Nothing consoles me, I lose my breath,
and wait for the sweet release of death.

Just as I am at the end of my rope,
I see your face and I restore my hope.

Your presence removes the ill and darkened layers,
You are just the call of my unanswered prayers.

I am at peace and I know this to be true,
that boldly, madly, deeply I love you.

Your shining and smiling countenance,
gives me unending subsistence.

And makes me complete and happy in so many ways,
that I be content and blessed for the rest of my days.

No comments: