Search This Blog

Monday, August 3, 2015

A rant about my Android phone

I think my phone is possessed.  At least, that i what I say to myself as I don't fully understand the user interface of many functionalities of my mobile device.

Far be it for me to not appreciate the advances of technology, but when the artificial intelligence borders on the sociopathic behavior, I take umbrage with that to say the least.

While hanging out with a friend, I decided to have him take a few pictures of me, just for my social media campaign. Google photos decided to compile a very sophisticated montage of all my snapshots and alerted me to it.  A gift that it gleefully (cybernetic craziness is more like it) presented to me.

I am getting begrudgingly used to the frequent eavesdropping and interruptions by Google search bar; how it actively listens to my conversations. However, I draw the line at a stage 5 clinger/stalkerish present given to me by my sentient phone.

I mean C'mon now !!! What's next, Google phone screening my phone calls, going through my contacts and giving me pointers on whom to date, how to dress, what to do with my life?

No way, I have a mother for that.

No comments: