Search This Blog

Monday, August 17, 2015

How I write a poem



I have found that I write poetry much easier than prose.  It seems to just come to me, organically.  As though, an instantaneous outburst from within. Words take form, themes take shape, all I have to do is wait and catch the flow of creativity like filtering small specks of gold from the flowing river of inspiration. 

It is hard work indeed, what to write, however to write. Shall I write about the mundane, or the magical of the day to day, or set my task to find for the right moment and subject.

Sometimes, the words appear and then just as soon as they form, they disappear and dissipate like a mirage. Though more often than not, I do find my way in the wilderness of my mind’s own created desert. 
And it is my words that sustain me and quench my thirst, in so many ways.

Other times there is silence; thundering, deafening, roaring silence against my ears.  Sometimes, I listen to that white noise to find the voice within. 

After some struggle, it does speak out to me, like a single note in the cacophony of melodies. 
I seek it out, I tame it and I let it pierce and roar at the world.

No comments: