Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Shit Happens!

On my way to work, I stopped by a grave yard today.  The silent whispers of the woods, the chirps of the birds, the bees and the ephemera around me, spoke nothing but of peace and tranquility in that sea of death.  
The glistening, shining, blinking of the sunlight off the surfaces of the tombstones was a strange view as though the dead were speaking out , saying “ Hey, we reflect light too”. 

I walked around carefully stepping across and around the tombstones, for in wake of not offending  the dead, but plunging deep in the crevice of a newly dug grave , so as not to realize my worst nightmare.  I walked furthermore, and as the sun beamed at high noon upon my head, its burn made me feel of how alive I was at that moment.

As I walked  around , all I could see were reminders of others’ lives, inscribed in granite and marble. I stopped in my tracks to listen the silence, and pay my respects.

As I turned back retracing my steps, I saw the grave of a young man who had died in the prime of his youth. And I thought to myself, whether he had realized his life’s dream in the short span that he had. 


Just as I was about to step foot in my car, I felt a warm drop fall from the sky. As I recoiled in reflex, I saw an eagle hovering over me. And I was reminded; Shit Happens.

No comments: